Sunday 21 November 2010

Top of my list beauty brands and products

I am the first to admit that i am a fan of designer makeup, not become i just like to buy expensive brands, but i believe in paying a good some of money on products that i use on my face and body. I believe our skin is so important, at the end of the day my ethos is we only live once and so you have to maintain your looks and your health. Over the years i have experimented on all ranges of products and from my experiences cheap ended products use cheap ingredients that will only damage and eat up your skin. I have found that the high ended brands have always provided me the results i want and also has maintained my skin and its youth fullness.

Growing up with my glamorous mother and my two sisters, i was introduced to beauty products at a young age. I remember my mother using really high quality brands, and looking at her now, she is a example of what good skin should  look like. My mother is pushing 60 plus and you would never think it, she could certianly pass for 40.

These are a list of my top 10 beauty brands

1) Mac
2) Christian Dior
3) Estee Lauder
4) Chanel 
5) Shu Uemura
6) Shiseido
7) DHC
8)RMK
9)Anna Sui
10) Canmake


I will list my favourite product in each category which i have tried and tested.


MAC


the product that i am totally obsessed with is their Creme de Nude Lipstick, i love that it gives a great coverage, it has long lasting effect and on top of that it smells divine, it has like a chocolaty sweet scent, makes my lips look fuller and much more glossy. I also suffer from quite dry lips during the cold season and this works also as a lip balm, it certainly keeps my lips feeling smooth and sliky.





 Christian Dior

I may come across bias but having worked for Dior for many years , i cannot fault their products. I am a huge overall fan of their skincare and makeup ranges. I probably have tried and tested all there products over the years, and without doubt i have stuck to their skincare range as i feel it does my skin wonders. Really, a little does go along way. You only need to use a small quantity and you can reap the wonders.
My favourite products within the Dior range would have to be their Cleanser and Toners.
Wash off Cleansing Foam

Cleansing Water for face and eyes

Purifying foaming cleanser


 Estee Lauder

I really like Estee Lauder foundations, i own many different types of foundations, liquid, mousse, powder foundations, but there is one that i particularly like from Lauders range which is Double Wear. When im feeling slightly tired and my skin feels a little sensitive ans patchy, i know that if i use Doublewear then my skin will feel a little more lifted and luminous.

I wear   Double wear foundation in   shade Ivory beige which is a really light silky coverage that really does stay on for hours.It really covers well and with a little face powder on top your skin will feel and look great. Such a great coverage such a flawless look.



  Chanel

With Chanel i always love their makeup and colour range, especially their eye shadows.I usually purchase their eye shadows in duty free, its just a habit i have picked up, nothing beats visiting to beauty counters while waiting for my flight,lol.... plus, you don't pay VAT. Even better excuse.

Shade 03 Smokey Eyes
Smokey eyes are a must for me and i cant live without this palette, throughout the years Chanel have always had eye shadows similar to these colours which i have always purchased, i have several Chanel eyeshadow quads, I like my greys and smokey blacks, that's my signature on a glam night out, it never fails.
Shade 08 Vanites
I am also a proud owner of the quad above, i purchased this at the airport and i simply love it, i use the light pink colour( top right) quite allot as a base for many of my eye make up, so its a little worn out now. The shades are very shimmery and beautifully glides on my lids without problem, at the same time it provides me quite a gentle finish, and plus it looks excellent no when taking photos.

 Shu Uemura
I have always stuck to cleansing gels as a face wash and never have tried cleansing oils, but my friend has been using Shu uemura cleaning oil on her face, so whilst staying over i used her face wash, and i was pleasantly surprised with the wash that i purchesed one for myself the next day. This wash is a gem, a little on the pricey side at £55 but like i said you should pay  for quality  when picking out really good skincare products.

This product is apparently Shu Uemuras number 1 top selling item in their whole range, and i can see why. A premium anti oxidant skin purifier, which really does clean the skin well and minimize pores, as it is oil based it leaves your skin feeling very hydrated and smooth.



Shiseido

When it comes to Japanese brands i do really have time for Shiseido, i remember my mother used to use many of their products in the 80s and 90s. Shiseido is quite popular here in the UK and rather easy to purchase all around. I think when people think of Japanese brands they think of Shiseido first. My aunts are fans of their products.



It really is stunning and if anything i love the packaging, it looks like a stylish lipstick and really does moisture well, i would certainly recommend this product, it beats holding a pot of Vaseline around,lol.....it also contains  a SPF 1O. What i also love about this product is that it does not leave lips feeling gooey and sticky, which many lip products can do.


DHC

Prepare your skin for pristine make-up application. This transparent silicone gel helps temporarily fill in fine lines and promote a more even-looking, refined skin texture – creating a perfect, silky-smooth make-up base. Just slide our primer between your skin and foundation to absorb excess oil and encourage longer-lasting wear.Even better you can just simply apply the Velvet Coat without applying foundation. If you want to create a flawless looking healthy and radiant skin, this is the product . It is also Unisex so boys come on what are you waiting for.


I'm going to quickly add another product from DHC which i simply love, i know you girls love to have those long luscious lashes so this is a little beauty number which I'm sure you will enjoy.

DHC Eyelash Tonic
I have yet to try this product but i have heard and read many wonderful reviews on this item, so i i feel it is worth a shot.The Toni works as a deep conditioner to coat and protect the lashes from breakage, and you use this product as an overnight treatment,.The ingredients used to create the tonic includes ginseng, aloe and swertia japonica.


RMK
 
I am really excited to discuss the next top of my list beauty brands, RMK is a beauty brand created by a Japanese make up artist called  Rumiko.Rumiko has been in the beauty industry since the early 80s  and launched her make up brand RMK in the late 90s.
RMK has a huge range of beauty products from skincare to make up and accessories. I am  a huge fan of RMK eye collections, her packaging and designs are stunning.  I particularly love the Ingenious Gel Eyeliners.

Shade 02 Deep Blue
Great thought has been put into the metallic design and it shows sophistication,class and beauty. Although i am  a fan of Macs eyeliner gels, i love the RMK ones slightly more. These ingenious pots come in 3 shades, Black, Brown and Midnight blue. A smooth gel based liner works to perfect,easy to use glide on effect which is also waterproof and smudge free.




Shade 03 Deep Brown



This is a beauty most, and i heard they also stock the RMK Gel Liners at ASOS,










Anna Sui

Anna Sui, all i can say is that i can never get enough of her products, Anna Sui is very popular in Hong Kong, and that is where i purchase all my Anna Sui makeup from. Anna Sui has a signature design to her makeup that really does set her away from the best. You can spot a Anna Sui product easily. Anna Sui is quite popular over in the UK more for her fragrance range, but for me its the makeup that attracts me.

Simple Anna Sui compact mirror

This is the simple yet elegant designs that seem consistent within her make up range. Bold ,detailed and  of  the statement characteristics of the  Anna Sui rose.

Anna Sui Blushers with a cute powder puff :)

Baby doll lip gloss


Anna Sui collection of Eye Shadows

Liquid Foundation and Pressed Powders

I love all the products from Anna Sui, i have just ordered some of her skincare range, awaiting delivery,xxx



Canmake

Japanese based cosmetic brand which i have already dedicated a blog to, i am loving the nude range lipsticks

Gorgeous 4 piece lip designs all in nude bases




1 comment:

  1. I wear Este Lauder double wear make up and yes, very very good :)

    ReplyDelete